PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES PRIOR TO PRESENTATION.
Invited Speaker & Oral Presenter Disclosure Slides
- All slide sets must have a disclosure slide at the start (download the disclosure slide template here).
- Please update the slides disclosing all relationships you may have with commercial and non-profit entities.
Submitting Your Presentation
An email will be sent you at the end of May from GHS018email@example.com. That email will include instructions detailing how to upload your presentation in advance of the conference.
PPT, PPTX; The Presentation Management system at GHS 2018 is optimized for PowerPoint, whether created on a PC or MAC. To take advantage of advanced media support in PowerPoint, we recommend all PPT files be converted to the PPTX format. You can find the convert feature located under “File, Help” when you have your PowerPoint open.
PDF; Supported, but not ideal. If possible, please export/convert to PowerPoint. The following link provides a free online tool from a 3rd party that can assist with PDF to PPTX conversion, https://smallpdf.com/pdf-to-ppt.
KEY; Keynote files are not supported. Please export your presentation as a PowerPoint or PDF file for upload. Click here for instructions of this process. Be sure to review the result in the Speaker Ready Room. If our technicians are unable to resolve any issues, at the association’s discretion, you may be allowed to present from your own Mac. If so, be sure to bring your HDMI and power adapter with you to the event.
Prezi is not supported, the session room computers are not online, nor will they have Prezi Desktop installed. Prezi presenters must save their presentation to PDF, and then ideally to PowerPoint PPTX. Prezi to PDF requires that you have a Prezi Pro account and instructions to do so are detailed on the Prezi site at this link. Please see the PDF file support section above in regards to converting PDF to PPTX which is ideal for the Presentation Management service.
Video and Audio File Support
Please see this article for file formats supported within PowerPoint.
- If you’re using PowerPoint 2007 or later, please be sure to embed your media files within the PPTX file. We also strongly recommend compressing your videos.
- If you’ve authored your PowerPoint as a PPTX, there are tools within PowerPoint to do this automatically. Instructions are found here.
- If you will be converting or authoring videos, we recommend Windows Media Video (WMV) or MPEG4 (MP4) for the best PowerPoint compatibility, while H.264 (MP4) can also work well.
- We suggest encoding at less than a 5Mbps bitrate for best performance. Typical resolutions in the meeting room will be 1024x768 for 4:3 presentations and 1280x720 for 16:9 presentations. A 1080p, maximum bit rate encoding will bloat the size of your presentation with no visual improvement and may actually hurt performance.
- If you plan to play a DVD as part of your presentation, please notify a technician in the Speaker Ready Room so arrangements can be made for assistance in your meeting room.
Considerations for custom fonts
We only supply fonts that are included with Office 2016. If you need a specialized font, it should be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation. Some licensed fonts may not embed and should be replaced with a font included with Office.
Links to the internet
Meeting Room computers are not connected to the Internet. Links to web pages will not function and may cause issues if clicked accidentally during your presentation. We strongly recommend removing all internet links from your presentation.
While both 16:9 and 4:3 presentations are fully supported, the session rooms are optimized for 16:9 presentations.
The session room computers will be connected to an audio system. Please try to ensure that all our audio files play at a similar volume level.
Before You Depart, Backup
Please bring a copy of your presentation along with you when you depart for your meeting. Copy your PowerPoint and all movies to a folder on a USB drive. While PowerPoint 2013 and later will embed movies by default, you should still bring the videos just in case. Not all prior versions of PowerPoint will embed movies. It is a good practice to keep a second copy of your presentation and movies in your luggage.
Arriving at Your Meeting
Speaker Ready Room, Located at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building, Room 712.
Speakers are requested to check-in at the Speaker Ready Room at least 1 day prior to their scheduled presentation. The computers in the Speaker Ready Room will be configured with hardware and software exactly like the ones in the meeting room. It is imperative that you review your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room. This is where our technicians can help resolve any compatibility or formatting issues and explain the in-room setup. All presentation files must be submitted in their final form at least 4 hours before session start time.
Speaker Ready Room Hours:
June 14, 2018, 7:00-19:00
June 15, 2018, 07:30-19:00
June 16, 2018, 07:30-19:00
June 17, 2018, 08:00-12:00
- Plenary Sessions: 30 minutes lecture for each Speaker.
- Concurrent Sessions: 25 minutes lecture for each Speaker.
Abstract - Oral Presentations
Each participant is allotted 15 minutes (10 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for questions).
Giving Your Presentation
Please arrive at your designated meeting room 15 minutes before the start of your session. At the lectern there will be a monitor set in front of you where you can follow your presentation. Simply click your name on the display, select the start button, and your PowerPoint will launch automatically. At the end of your presentation, the display will return to the list of presenters.
Speak directly into the microphone in a normal voice and do not handle the microphone while speaking. If you have any difficulties or need any assistance, just click the “ASSISTANCE NEEDED” button and a technician will be immediately sent to your room.
Please do not bring your own laptop or attempt to upload your presentations within your presentation room.
INCREASE YOUR IMPACT VIA THE JOURNAL OF VIRAL HEPATITIS
Congratulations on having your abstract accepted for presentation at GHS 2018 and for publication in the Journal of Viral Hepatitis! For some tips to promote your scientific research and increase the impact of your article, please click here.
As a GHS 2018 presenter and Wiley author, you receive free access to Kudos, a service that helps you measure, monitor, and maximize the visibility and impact of your published article(s). Register now for your free account at growkudos.com and follow a few simple steps to start making an impact and help eradicate hepatitis by 2020. Find out more here.
Abstract - Poster Presentations
The Poster Area is located at Exhibit Hall in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building. Poster sessions and times are as follows:
June 14 – June 15
18:00 - 16:15
June 16 – June 17
8:00 - 10:30
- Landscape orientation - Landscape - 120 cm (4 feet) high and 240 cm (8 feet) wide
- Allocate the top of the poster for title and authors (as stated on the submitted abstract)
- Text, illustrations, etc. should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet)
- Limited pins needed for affixing the poster will be provided to presenters by the congress secretariat on site
Authors are requested to mount and dismount their posters according to the below time schedule:
- 18:00 (June 14)
- 8:00 (June 16)
- 16:15 (June 15)
- 10:30 (June 17)
Poster authors are requested to stand by their poster during the breaks in order to be present for discussions and answer any questions related to their poster.
Need to print your poster in Toronto?